Feb 8, 2010

What a weekend!

We a had a nice three days weekend, Brandon came home Thursday and Brady didn't have school Friday.  We had lots of plans for the weekend however Brandon ended up sick on Saturday so we just hung out at home, and I think we were laughing the entire time.  We played Texas hold em' while watching the Budwiser Shootout, we were bummed Jr didn't do better.  We watched 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' Brandy and Riley really liked that moving, Riley kept pointing at the tv and laughing, and then 'Pearl Harbor' and of course I was crying at the end, Brandon Said "look Brady moms crying" Brady goes "yea but I am totaly not cause I am not a GIRRRL!" to funny.  Then we watched the Super Bowl...Fast forwarding through the game of course, ya we don't care for football.

All in all it was a fun lazy weekend.  Brady was saying the funniest things.  Saturday he was in his room "cleaning"  for two hours, and I knew it was not clean, but he came out to the living room where Brandon and I were and said...
Brady-"Mom, dad I have a decision for you guys" 
Mom-"What"
Brady-"You can either pick to not tell me to keep cleaning my room... or to keep cleaning my room......So what will it be...what is your decision"
Mom and Dad-{Trying so had not to laugh}
Dad-"Is it clean?"
Brady-"No"
Dad-"Then go clean it."
Brandy-"Dang!"

It was so cute! And it is not the first time he has tried to barden with us just last week I put Riley down for a nap in his room and about a half hour latter brady came to me and said...
Brady-"Mom I left my soard in Riley's room can I go get it?"
Mom-"No I just put Riley down for a nap"
Brady-"Please"
Mom-"No you'll wake him up and he needs to sleep"
Ten minuites go by then Brandy comes back to me...
Brady-"Mom I have a Deal for you"
Mom-"Okay"
Brady-"If you say yes to the deal, I go in Riley's room quiet and get my soard and I don't wake him up.. If you say No Deal, I go in Riley's room really loud and get my soard and wake him up."
I could have died.... needless to say he got in trouble and sent to his room and once his door was shut Brandon and I were laughing with each other.

Now I just need to figure out what to get for Brandon for Valentines Day that cost next to nothing...any ideas????????

3 comments:

  1. Lawrie, I Love lazy weekends with the family! Kids are so funny! I Love how they keep you on your toes with their random questions. So, I have an idea of what you could do for Valentine’s Day. What I am doing for my family for Valentine’s Day is we're cooking seafood for dinner. We all LOVE seafood and it's so expensive, so we are treating ourselves with a nice dinner. I don't know if you guys like seafood, but you should do a dinner that you don't have often and make it together as a family. :) Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet! We did that once when i was a kid, it was the first time i had lobster tail. That would be fun to have that a memory for my boys also. How are things going? I wish we could make it to your wedding, but we won't be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome! Things are great, thanks! I wish you guys could make it as well, but I understand. That is the bummer about having your wedding far far away. ;) Hope you and your family have a Happy Valentine's Day!!! =)

    ReplyDelete